The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star. -- Anthelme Brillat-Savarin --

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Trying new things can pay off...


-- This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. -- Psalm 118:24 --

I tried making some Banana Zucchini Bread last week.  Got the recipe from The Christian Bed & Breakfast Cookbook - published by Barbour & Company, Inc. - © 1997 - p. 260 (Not By Bread Alone chapter) - submitted by Emil & Barbars Schoch - Sanctuary Ministries in Defiance, OH. 

Won't share the recipe today, 'cause I don't have time.  (Message me if you want me to send it to you!) 

It was pretty good, but I think I liked the Pumpkin Zucchini Bread better.  However, I did learn something new.  It called for raisins (which I thought sounded icky with banana bread), so I made 1/2 the batter plain and 1/2 the batter with raisins.  The raisin batch was yummy.  WHO KNEW?  J

A good reminder that it's always good to try new things, even if they sound a bit odd.  You never know what you might like if you don't try it!! 

If you have a second, please leave a comment and let me know some of the odd things you have tried that turned out better than you thought they would.

Have a GREAT day!!!
--Faithy 


No comments:

Post a Comment