The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star. -- Anthelme Brillat-Savarin --

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Winter Favorites #2: Faithy’s Chili Pollo Blanco



As promised, here’s another one of my winter favorites.  Not only is it yummy, it’s super easy and pretty healthy too.  Sorry I don’t have a picture for ya…I’ll try to add one eventually.  Meanwhile, please give this a try, I know it’ll become one of your favorites too!

Faithy’s Chili Pollo Blanco

1 cup low sodium chicken broth
2 Tbsp. flour
1 lb. diced chicken breast (fat removed)
2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. ground comino (a/k/a cumin)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper
2 cans white beans (any kind), rinsed and drained
1 cup chopped onion (1 small onion)
1 small can diced green chilies
4 cloves minced garlic (I'm a garlic fan, so I generally use a bit more)

Combine all ingredients in slow-cooker.  Cook on high setting for 1 hour.  Decrease to low setting and cook for an additional 4 hours.

ENJOY!!

I think I may make this tomorrow…mmmmmmmm…
Blessings,
--Faithy

No comments:

Post a Comment