The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star. -- Anthelme Brillat-Savarin --

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Chocolate Spiced Tea

HOWDY my long-lost friends!  Here’s hoping you had a wonderfully blessed holiday season, and are enjoying this wonderful new year.  I know I’ve been away for quite a while, but I’m still alive & kickin’ here in Zig Zag.

Just wanted to take a minute to send my love and share my new favorite evening treat with you.  Found this recipe on a box of Lipton tea bags, and adapted it (as usual) to make it my own.

Give it a try and let me know what you think!  I think it’s a delicious way to unwind at the end of a busy day!!

Chocolate Spiced Tea
1 cup water
1 cup skim milk
2 cup-sized decaffeinated tea bags
1 Tbsp. sugar
1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp. ground ginger
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg

Whisk together water & skim milk, then bring just to a boil in a small saucepan.

Remove from heat & add tea bags.  Cover and let steep for 2 to 5 minutes - depending on how strong you like your tea.  (I leave mine for the full 5 minutes.)

Remove tea bags and whisk in remaining ingredients.  Serve hot.

Be blessed my friends…until next time…
--Faithy

No comments:

Post a Comment