The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star. -- Anthelme Brillat-Savarin --

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Ooooh Sooooo Gooooood Raspberry Chocolate Chip Muffins!!



HOWDY friends!  I hope that this beautiful Lord’s Day finds each of you well and happy.  I got my morning off to a GREAT start by trying out this delicious new recipe I found on one of my favorite blog sites…Manila Spoon.  Abby has LOTS of great recipes, so if you haven’t checked out her site…DO IT NOW!!  You’ll be so glad you did!

I knew when I saw this one, that it HAD to be good, and boy was that an understatement!  These yummy muffins are so good, they’re sure to become one of your favorites.



Ooooh Sooooo Gooooood Raspberry Chocolate Chip Muffins!!

Ingredients
6 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1 cup packed Whey Low Gold (or regular brown sugar)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup regular oats (not quick-cooking)
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp salt (the original recipe used 1/2 tsp.)
1/2 cup egg substitute (or 2 large eggs)
1 cup plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup fresh raspberries (I think fresh are best, but frozen would certainly work too)
1 cup miniature chocolate chips (you can use less if you want…I think I’ll try white chocolate chips next time)
1-2 Tbsp. white or brown sugar (I like to use a coarse sugar-- like Turbinado sugar -- for this part – my favorite is Sugar in the Raw)
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375F.  Spray muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
Melt the butter with the Whey Low Gold (or brown sugar) in a small sauce pan over low heat.
Combine the flours, oats, salt, baking soda and baking powder in a large bowl.
Whisk the egg substitute with the Greek yogurt until combined.  Add the vanilla.  Mix well.
Whisk the brown sugar-butter mixture into the yogurt mixture.
Pour in the flour mixture, and stir with a wooden spoon, until just incorporated.  Fold in raspberries and chocolate chips.
Scoop batter into muffin cups (using a large cookie scoop or an ice cream scoop).  Sprinkle generously with the turbinado sugar.
Bake in the preheated oven for about 25-28 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.

Cool in the muffin tin for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.

 You can probably guess that I DID NOT wait for these to cool before taste-testing…the smell while they were baking was AMAZING!  I can honestly say that these are delicious hot or cold…with no added butter or anything when served. 

Run...don't walk...to your kitchen and make these NOW!  And don't forget to stop by Manila Spoon and say hi to Abby!
Enjoy this beautiful day that the Lord has made my friends!
Blessings,
--Faithy

No comments:

Post a Comment