The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star. -- Anthelme Brillat-Savarin --

Friday, November 22, 2013

Baby...it's cold outside! (Apple Pfannkuchen Revisited...)



HOWDY friends...
Just popping in to say hello and wish you all a blessed Thanksgiving.  I hope that you'll be able to spend it with the ones you love.  That's exactly what I plan to do!

We've had a blustery cold front blow in today, bringing our South Texas temps down from the mid 70's to the high 30's in just a few hours.  Aaaaahhhh...gotta love Texas weather!  This change has put me in the mood for one of my favorite cold weather suppers (Apple Pfannkuchen) tonight, so I thought I’d share a link for the recipe along with a few thought-provoking quotes on Thanksgiving!

I posted this recipe a while back, but I thought this would be a good time to share it again, in case you haven't had a chance to try it.  It's really easy, and a sure-fire hit.  My hubby loves it as much as I do, in fact, he's the one doing the cooking tonight!  He’s definitely a keeper!

 
Anyway, here's the link back to my original post with my recipe for Apple Pfannkuchen.  Give it a try and let me know what you think!  I hope you like it as much as we do.

If you're traveling for the holidays, please travel safely, and enjoy the time with your family...it's precious and fleeting.  AND…if you come across any new and interesting recipes while you’re at it, please share!! 

Gotta run, but I'll leave you with these thoughts for thanksgiving…
As we pause to thank Him for the blessings of the past year,
we must not forget to thank Him for the lessons we have learned through our difficult times.
We are not to be thankful for just the pleasant, easy things, but ALL things.
-- Millie Stamm --
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We tend to take all the gifts and pleasures and happiness and the joy
without saying much to God.
We take our health and strength, our food and clothing and our loved ones, all for granted;
but the moment anything goes wrong we start grumbling and complaining
and we say 'Why should God do this to me, why should this happen to me?'
How slow we are to thank and swift to grumble.
-- Martyn Lloyd-Jones --
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In ordinary life we hardly realize
that we receive a great deal more than we give,
and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich.
-- Dietrich Bonhoeffer --
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You say, 'If I had a little more, I should be very satisfied.'
You make a mistake.
If you are not content with what you have,
you would not be satisfied if it were doubled.
-- Charles Haddon Spurgeon --
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanksgiving is nothing if not a glad and reverent
lifting of the heart to God
in honor and praise for His goodness.
-- Robert Casper Lintner --
Blessings,
--Faithy


No comments:

Post a Comment